Fruit d’Or is first to market with clean, farm-to-finish, low-bush whole fruit wild blueberry powders, Blue Naturelle Organic Wild Blueberry Powder and Blue d’Or Conventional Wild Blueberry Powder. All of these whole fruit wild blueberry powders are non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, kosher, and contain no additives, excipients or carriers. Using proprietary processes, blueberry’s color, flavor and aroma are preserved as Mother Nature intended.
Adding a nutritional punch to the diet
Much scientific research exists on wild blueberries’ health benefits. Wild blueberries are considered a super-antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and King of Blueberry. They are also associated with eye health, oral health and enhanced cognitive performance. Evidence shows they also promote cardiovascular health, supporting healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
The iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamin K in wild blueberries all contribute to building and maintaining bone structure and strength. Because of their fiber content, wild blueberries help constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract. That fiber is also recognized as a factor in weight loss, weight management and satiety. Additionally, just one cup of blueberries provides 24 percent of the daily requirement for vitamin C, an essential antioxidant that helps protect skin from sun damage.
Why wild blueberry whole fruit powder?
Fruit d’Or wild blueberry whole fruit powder is superior to other options because of its farm-to-finish advantages. These include:
- Higher anthocyanin potency. Low-bush wild blueberries are naturally richer in these flavonoids than their more abundant high-bush varieties.
- Bioflow drying process. Fruit d’Or dries its wild blueberries at a low temperature for a longer period of time. This helps to maintain and protect anthocyanin and proanthocyanidin (PACs) content so we standardize these naturally occurring biomarkers in the powder.
- Gentile milling and careful storage. These steps are critical to maintaining the active biomarker levels in every lot so they can be linked to outcome studies.
- Each lot is standardized. Fruit d’Or is the first to market standardized whole fruit blueberry powder in the nutraceutical industry.
- Supplier testing program. Fruit d’Or has seen great success with their testing program for cranberry called CQA. As a result they are helping establish quality standards for whole fruit wild blueberry by working with industry stakeholders to develop a new Blueberry Quality Assurance (BQA) program. Under this supplier testing program, each lot of whole fruit wild blueberry powder submitted will undergo the following tests:
- Fingerprint analysis for identification and quantification of anthocyanins and PACs via MALDI–TOF
- DNA sequential barcoding for authenticity
- Analysis for adulteration via MALDI-TOF
- Standardization of biomarkers such as anthocyanins and PACs
- Introducing new test methods such as butonal and reference standards for accurate analysis. This polyphenol fingerprint analysis also identifies the integrity of the starting wild blueberry powder, identifying and quantifying active biomarkers, and preventing adulteration of the blueberry.
Fruit d’Or’s wild blueberry whole fruit powders are ideal lifestyle products that can be taken daily for overall wellness. Either Blue Naturelle or Blue d’Or would be ideal for daily supplement, or to blend with other superfood ingredients such as hemp, rice or pea proteins. They could also be packaged on their own as a great tasting beneficial superfood.
These powders are not extracts, either. They are whole fruit, full-spectrum nutraceutical powders specifically designed for supplements, smoothies, baking products, dairy and cosmetics.