Also now available: new Fruit d’Or Organic Cranberry Juice Powder formulated with organic acacia gum
Fruit d’Or, the largest nutraceutical supplier of organic cranberries and wild blueberries is now inviting product formulators to call for samples and start working with its team to develop products using its new standardized, whole-food wild blueberry powders. “Fruit d’Or is first to market with a clean, field-to-table, low-bush whole food wild blueberry powder,” confirms Stephen Lukawski, VP of global business development and sales for Fruit d’Or Nutraceuticals. “We’re gearing up for a busy international launch. Blue Naturelle Organic Wild Blueberry Powder and Blue d’Or Conventional Wild Blueberry Powder will be ready to launch over the next 90 days.”
Both of these wild blueberry whole-food powders are non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, Kosher and contain no additives, excipients or carriers. “With our proprietary processes, the color, flavor and aroma are preserved as Mother Nature intended,” Lukawski adds.
Wild blueberry has many known health benefits
A substantial body of scientific research exists on wild blueberries’ health benefits for children and adults. Considered a super-antioxidant and King of Blueberry, wild blueberries are associated with eye health, oral health and enhanced cognitive performance. Evidence shows they also promote cardiovascular health, supporting healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
“Fruit d’Or’s wild blueberry whole-food powders are ideal lifestyle products that can be taken daily for overall wellness,” says Lukawski. “Either one would be ideal for dietary supplements or to blend with other super food ingredients such as hemp or rice or pea proteins, for sports nutrition products, for example. Or they could be packaged on their own as a great tasting beneficial superfood.”
He elaborates, “Blue Naturelle and Blue d’Or wild whole-food blueberry powders are not extracts. They are whole-food, full-spectrum nutraceutical powders specifically designed for supplements, smoothies, baking products, dairy and cosmetics.”
The Fruit d’Or wild blueberry whole-food powder advantage
Lukawski outlines some of Fruit d’Or’s many seed-to-table advantages, which make Fruit d’Or wild blueberry whole-food powders superior to other options.
- Higher anthocyanin potency. “Low-bush wild blueberries are naturally richer in these flavonoids than their more abundant high-bush varieties.”
- Bioflow drying process. “Fruit d’Or dries its wild blueberries at a low temperature for a longer period of time. This helps to maintain and protect anthocyanin and proanthocyanidin (PACs) content so we can standardize these biomarkers that are naturally occurring in the powder.”
- Gentle milling and careful storage. “These steps are critical to maintaining the active biomarker levels in every lot so they can be linked to outcome studies.”
- Each lot is standardized. “Fruit d’Or is the first to market standardized whole-food blueberry powder in the nutraceutical industry.”
- Supplier testing program. “Fruit d’Or is the first whole-food wild blueberry powder company to sign up for the new Blueberry Quality Assurance (BQA) program and to achieve the BQA seal.” Under this supplier testing program, each lot of whole-food wild blueberry powder submitted will undergo the following tests:
- Fingerprint analysis for identification and quantification of anthocyanins and PACs via MALTI-TOF
- DNA sequential bar coding for authenticity
- Analysis for adulteration via MALTI-TOF
- Standardization of biomarkers such as PACs”
This testing is done in collaboration with Dr. Christian G. Krueger, research scientist and CEO of Complete Phytochemical Solutions, LLC, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. “This analysis also identifies the integrity of the starting wild blueberry power, identifying and quantifying active biomarkers and preventing adulteration of the blueberry.”
Fruit d’Or is also launching the industry’s first organic cranberry
juice powder formulated with organic acacia gum
“Buyers are looking for new alternatives to maltodextrin or MGOH and acacia gum works very well with cranberry,” says Lukawski. “Organic acacia gum is a non-GMO fiber, and works very well because it is not spray dried, which can destroy natural nutrients. Instead, Fruit d’Or uses a low-temperature drying process to maintain higher active cranberry components such as vitamin C. Our proprietary processes also result in a flavor-enhanced powder with a beautiful, deep color that has great taste, flowability and dispersion,” asserts Lukawski.
Another benefit of the Organic Cranberry Juice powder is that Fruit d’Or produces its own cranberry concentrate so they can control the quality from farm to factory. Having a one stop shop prevents the possibility of adulteration and degradation while protecting the health and safety of consumers.
Ideal for the beverage and supplement markets or as a stand-alone superfood, Fruit d’Or’s organic cranberry juice powder with acacia gum is also gluten-free, Kosher and Halal. Unlike other cranberry juice powders, Fruit d’Or’s is standardized to contain up to 1 percent PACs based on DMAC test method. “We have also standardized our juice powder to deliver the greatest amount of cranberry fruit solids in order to provide a more clean and pure cranberry product. All consumers need to do is to add their own sweeteners to control the calories,” adds Lukawski.
To acquire samples or to learn more about formulating with Fruit d’Or’s whole-food wild blueberry powders or organic cranberry juice powder with acacia gum, contact us here. Fruit d’Or will formally launch each of these ingredients during SupplySide West 2017 in booth 00-122.
Media Note: For additional information or to schedule an interview, contact Media Relations, Inc. at 952-697-5220.