Consuming cranberry every day may help support optimum health and a longer life. In fact, research shows that pure whole-fruit cranberry and its PACs have powerful bacterial anti-adhesion properties that support urinary tract, oral and gut health. In addition, cranberry is a rich source of polyphenols with all the antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and tissue repair properties we have come to recognize from similar extracts of pine bark, grape seed and pomegranate. Cranberry is a superb free radical scavenger.
The whole-fruit cranberry health benefit checklist
Cranberry can be a healthy lifestyle choice for just about every person and for many reasons. Here’s just an overview of its benefits:
- Urinary tract. Regular use of a high-quality, whole-fruit cranberry dietary supplement may keep bacteria from clinging to the walls of your urinary system. Plus, there is now published research showing that Cran Naturelle organic cranberry from Fruit d’Or – a whole-fruit brand known for its purity and potency – and probiotics may work synergistically to reduce an E. coli infection, a common cause of urinary tract infections.
- Digestive system. We should all be eating more fiber. But some of us steer clear of fiber-enriched foods because of the side effects. Evidence shows that the fiber in cranberry seed powder does not cause the bloating or gas that you might get from inulin (another common fiber ingredient).
- Skin. Cran Naturelle Organic Cranberry Seed Oil is one of the most unsaturated oils available, making it an ideal moisturizing ingredient. With a composition of more than 95 percent fatty acids, it may protect and reestablish the skin’s protective lipid barrier. It also has excellent oxidative stability and a pleasant odor and texture.
- Periodontal. Studies have demonstrated that the PACs in whole-fruit cranberry powder may act as scrubbing agents, helping prevent the bacteria from colonizing and forming biofilm on teeth and gums. Biofilm is that slimy substance formed by bacteria. It is associated with the development of gum disease and tooth decay. PACs found in cranberry may also perform other jobs that help you keep your teeth. A study conducted at Quebec’s Laval University found that cranberry PACs may also be a natural weapon against tissue and bone destruction associated with periodontal diseases.
- Prostate. Preliminary research has shown that cranberry PACs may support prostate health, in part by reducing inflammation and possibly by being toxic to human prostate cancer cells.
Fruit d’Or is the first to bring both organic and conventional non-GMO, pesticide-free and heavy metal-free powders to market. These branded ingredients are truly a whole-fruit superfood with a full spectrum of health benefits not found in any other product. Fruit d’Or has also taken every step to provide adulterant-free cranberry ingredients that are tested for efficacy and standardization.